This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1920s. This is the traditional Irish Chain quilt pattern. This piece is beautifully hand sewn and hand quilted. We love the red printed fabric on the back of the quilt (inside of the jacket). This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down. In our opinion, this quilt is very soft, very thin, very light weight with an amazing drape. It is important to note that there are 2 bleach marks on the back of the jacket. They are very small, nonetheless we have included 2 images at the end of the listing for your convenience.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart