This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1910-1930s. It is a Crazy Quilt made with fabrics from the turn of the century. This piece contains rare and valuable indigos as well as homespun ginghams and some mens shirts scraps. The quilt is beautifully hand quilted. We love the blue contrasting backing fabric (inside of the quilt). Which can best be appreciated when the jacket is styled upside down of the cuffs are rolled. There are a few zig zag mends throughout this jacket and we have posted a photo at the end of the listing. If you would like to see more detail of this jacket please direct message us and we will be happy to send you videos and photos. In our opinion, the quilt is very soft, very thin, very light weight with a great drape. It is worth noting that this quilt is a summer weight quilt and there is no batting in this quilt. There is a mend PLEASE NOTE: The sleeves on this jacket are 1 one inch shorter than our typical Ethel pattern. If you like or require long sleeves please consider this.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart