This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1920s. It is the traditional Ocean Waves quilt pattern. This piece has been masterfully hand quilted and hand sewn. This would have taken hundreds of hours to complete. The points are tight and crisp. The quilt is in excellent condition for its age. Please take note of the contrasting paisley striped fabric on the back of the quilt (inside of the jacket). We are obsessed with this fabric and it can best be appreciated when the sleeves are cuffed and the jacket is worn upside down. This jacket is a Lady Lancaster 10/10. It is in thin, very soft, light weight, with a great drape. In our opinion, it has a light to medium loft (puffiness).
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart