This is an American, antique quilt made circa the 1930s. It is the traditional Pyramid quilt pattern. The quilt contains multiple historic feedsack fabrics and other charming fabrics from its era as well as from earlier eras. Although this quilt is hand-quilted, it is not densely hand-quilted, meaning there is not an abundance of tight stitches and it is not a technical showoff. For this reason and the fact that it has larger pieces, we are pricing this accordingly.
PLEASE NOTE: the sleeves on this jacket are 1" shorter than our standard Aunt Ethel quilt pattern.
- TIn our opinion, the quilt is very thin, very lightweight, with very little loft and batting. It is extremely soft and comfortable to wear with a great drape.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.