This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1920s. It is the traditional Log Cabin quilt pattern. This beauty has been hand quilted. Which is a labor of love and a lost art. The quilt contains beautiful fabrics from the turn of the century as well as a few mens shirt scraps and women dress scraps. In our opinion, the quilt is thin, light weight, very soft, with an excellent drape. It is important to note that the back of the quilt (inside of the jacket) is all beautiful indigo fabric that can best be appreciated when the jacket is styled upside down or the cuffs are rolled. Please note: There is a small stain on the back of the jacket that we were unable to lift when we washed this piece. If you purchase this jacket and want us to do a zig zag mend over it we will be more than happy to do that for you. Please direct message us with any questions regarding this jacket.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.