This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1920s. This piece has been beautifully hand sewn and hand quilted which is a labor of love and a lost art. Finding these quilts in neutral shades is next to impossible. So, when Elizabeth found this quilt she was over the moon to work with it. We believe that the quilt top was made circa 1890s-1920s. However, it was backed and completed at a later date in our opinion. The quilt contains many dress and mens shirt scraps from its era. There are several patches that we have done as a part of our mending process. However, they integrate nicely into the pattern of the jacket. We have added photos at the end of the listing of the patches and age marks that we were not able to lift during our washing process. If you want more details regarding this topic please direct message us and we will be happy to send you more information. In our opinion, the quilt is thin, light weight, very soft, with a little loft (puffiness).
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.