This is a traditional Around the World quilt pattern. We are unable to credibly date this piece. The color combinations are very curious and are reminiscent of Mennonite and Amish. But we do not believe that this is an authentic Mennonite or Amish quilt. The quilt is hand quilted and in some areas there are stitches missing. We love the overall quirky ironic color pairings in this quilt. In our opinion, the quilt is thin, very light, very soft, with an excellent drape. This piece is buttery soft and very easy to wear.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.