This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1920s. It is beautifully hand quilted and meticulously hand sewn. This is a traditional Postage Stamp quilt pattern. This piece contains spectacular fabric from its era. There are several homespun ginghams present in the quilt. As well as rare indigos and chambrays. This is what we would consider a scrap quilt, meaning, the maker utilized scraps that she had saved over the years to create this piece. In our opinion, this is thin, soft, light weight with an excellent drape and little loft.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.