This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1930s. This is the traditional 4 Patch quilt pattern. We believe the quilt top was made in that era and perhaps backed and completed in a different decade. The quilt top contains mens shirt scraps and some homespun ginghams. This neutral color palette is extremely rare which is why we chose to work with this quilt despite the fact that it is not hand quilted. We get asked for neutral quilts on a daily basis so when we found this we were thrilled to be able to offer it to you. PLEASE NOTE: THIS PIECE IS NOT HAND QUILTED. In our opinion this quilt is very thin, very soft, with little to not batting. This quilt was not made for warmth. It is what we consider to be a summer weight quilt. It has an excellent drape. PLEASE NOTE: We believe this quilt is in excellent condition for its age, however there is an age mark on the inside that we show in both a video and photo at the end of the listing.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.