This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s. It is made in the Ocean Waves quilt pattern. The quilt is both hand quilted and hand sewn. However, if you enjoy nerding out over stitches, this piece was definitely not quilted by a pro. The hand quilting is on the rookie side. This quilt contains some historical feed sack fabrics and is a very cheerful piece. Please note the darling floral fabric on the back of the quilt (inside of the jacket). This can best be seen when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is styled upside down. We have attempted to illustrate this in the listing photos. In our opinion, this quilt is extremely soft, it is luxe soft, very comfortable to wear, thin, light weight, with an awesome drape. There were some loose seams throughout. Thus, we have done a little bit of mending on this piece but overall it is in great condition.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.