This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s. This is the traditional Wedding Ring quilt pattern, but made in a very untraditional color palette. This quilt has been beautifully hand quilted and also hand sewn. It contains some historic feed sack fabrics, novelty fabrics from the era, and some shirt scraps. This color is absolutely sublime, the maker had to have beat to her own drum. We are obsessed with the tone of citron, the color is a true mixture of lemon and lime. The back of the quilt is a fresh winter green, minty color that can best be seen when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down. The cottons used in this quilt are extremely soft and luxe. In our opinion, this quilt is a 10/10, it is thin, soft, light weight, with a little loft (puffiness).
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.