This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s. This is a traditional Postage Stamp quilt pattern. Each stamp (block) measures 1.5" x 1.5". The quilt has been hand quilted, however, not by a master. The stitches could be considered rookie by some. The quilt is a show off of various indigo fabrics from its era and eras long before it was made. We believe this to be a scrappy quilt as there are some 1890s Indigos and Chambrays in this piece. Due to the tiny pieces, we have put a lot of work into this piece to mend it and get it ready for its second life. While we believe that it is in good condition to live its next life, it is important to note that there are zig zag mends and patches throughout. We would be happy to send you detailed videos as a visual. If you would like more details on this please direct message us via Instagram. In our opinion this quilt is very thin, very light weight, with a little loft (puffiness). Due to the vast amount of tiny pieces in this quilt it does not have the best drape. We consider this quilt to have a moderate drape.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.