This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s. It is the traditional Wedding Ring quilt pattern. This beauty is hand quilted and hand sewn. We also have a cousin to this jacket in the collection made by the same women. These are central Pennsylvania quilts. This piece is loaded with historical feed sacks, and novelty and juvenile fabrics, it is very well made and in excellent condition. We love the contrasting backing fabric which can best be seen when the cuffs are rolled or when the jacket is worn inside out. If ever there was a time for best friend jackets, this collection would be it because the cousin of this jacket is stunning and we hate to separate the pair. In our opinion, the jacket is thin, made with very soft luxe cotton, light weight, with a little loft (puffiness). This piece is a Lady Lancaster 10/10.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.