This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. It is the Feathered or Touching Star quilt pattern. This piece is hand quilted at 7/8 stitches per inch. It is also beautifully hand sewn. This piece was very very hard to photograph and it is more beautiful in real life. The contrast of the Bordeaux against the light pink is an unusual combination and makes it tricky to photograph. This quilt is in excellent condition for its age. In our opinion the quilt is thin, light weight, very soft, with an excellent drape. The quilt has a little bit of loft (puffiness).
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.