This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. It is the traditional Lone Star quilt pattern. This piece has been masterfully hand quilted and hand sewn. The hand sewing is so tight and meticulous that it could easily be mistaken for being machine sewn. The quilting is done at 8-10 stitches per inch. This is a traditional Lone Star quilt pattern on steroids. Please note the rainbow ice cream cone border which can best be appreciated on the cuffs when the sleeves are unrolled. in our opinion this jacket is a 10/10. It is thin, soft, lightweight, with a great drape. It has a little loft (puffiness). It is important to note that there is a light scuff on one of the front panels of the jacket that we could not get out when we washed this quilt. We have included a photo at the end of the listing, however, it is hard to see as it is a faint scuff. If you would like more details or videos please direct message us on Instagram. This quilt is a museum quality piece of wearable folk art.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.