This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. It is beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn. This pattern has been called any names throughout history such as Rose Dream, Lovers Knot, Endless Chain and Broken Square. In our opinion, this piece is in excellent condition. There are a few seam separations throughout which is pretty typical for hand sewn pieces of this era. We tried to capture photos of this but it was minor that it would not transfer to the photos. There is at least one zig zag mend. In our opinion, this quilt is thin, light weight, soft, with a beautiful drape. It has little to medium loft (puffiness).
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.