This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. This is the variation of the Wishing Ring quilt pattern. This piece is beautifully hand quilted. It is in excellent condition except for one mark on the back shoulder that we could not lift when we washed the quilt. It was hard for us to capture in still photos so we made sure to point it out in the video in the listing. This piece contains many small scale ginghams and some mens shirt scraps which gives the overall jacket a very haberdashery vibe. We love the fabric on the back of the quilt (inside of the jacket) it is a coral and slate blue window pane that adds depth to the overall look of the jacket. If you like to style your Ethels upside down this is an excellent jacket for you. This jacket is very easy to style and reads neutral depending on how you style it. In our opinion, this quilt is very thin, very soft, very lightweight, with an excellent drape. This quilt has no batting or loft. It is a summer weight quilt. If you are looking for a jacket to keep you warm this is not the warmest of all our jackets.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.