This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1940s. This is the traditional Lone Star quilt pattern. It has been hand quilted using contrasting blue thread which makes the art pop. This piece is also beautifully hand sewn which is a labor of love and a lost art. In our opinion, this quilt is thin, light weight, very soft, with an excellent drape. Please Note: There is some color bleed in the back star which is very hard to see. We have included images at the end of this listing for your convenience. There are also a couple age spots that we could not lift when we washed the quilt.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.