This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1940s-1950s. It is the traditional Lone Star quilt pattern. This piece is beautifully and skillfully hand quilted and hand sewn which is a labor of love and a lost art. We have done a few zig zag mends throughout which you can see visuals of in our listing photos. The inside of the quilt has a few age spots that we were unable to lift when we washed this quilt. For more details on those please feel free to direct message us. We would be happy to send you photos and videos at your convenience. In our opinion this quilt is thin, light weight, with a little loft (puffiness), and excellent drape.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.