This is an American quilt made circa the 1950s-1960s. It is the traditional Postage Stamp quilt pattern. It has been beautifully hand-quilted and hand-sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. Each square measures 1.5"x1.5." This is in great condition. The stitches are solid and we love the deeper, more moody, jewel tones.
- The quilt is very thin, very lightweight, very soft, with little to no loft (puffiness). It has not seen a lot of pre-love so even though it is soft, it does hold its shape.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.