This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1900-1930. It was made in the traditional Around the World quilt pattern. This beauty has been both hand-sewn and hand-quilted, which is a labor of love and a dying art. It is very pre-loved, but the fabrics are in excellent condition for the most part. There are a few places where we had to patch and where there are zig-zag mending. the more obvious signs of wear we have hidden on the inside of the shawl collar. There is some staining that we could not lift when we watched this piece. Most of this is present on the inside of the jacket and the inside of the shawl collar. This will only be seen if you enjoy wearing your Ethels upside down. In fact, if you appreciate wearing your Ethels upside down, this is probably not a good candidate for you. We have added a photo of the staining at the end of the listing.
- This quilt is extremely soft, with a beautiful drape, very thin, and very light-weight, with little to no loft (puffiness).
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.