This is an Antique American quilt. Made circa 1890s to 1920s. It is a traditional Log Cabin quilt pattern. The quilt is beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. Overall this quilt is in excellent condition for its age, there are a few zigzag mends throughout. There are also a few patches and minor age discolorations. The backing fabric of this quilt is gorgeous, it is a black and blue floral calico. Which can best be seen when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is warn upside down. If you like to wear your Ethels upside down or inside out, this is an excellent jacket for you! In our opinion this quilt is extremely soft, lightweight, thin, and with an excellent drape. It is an awesome jacket to wear and the color palete looks great with absolutely everything in your jacket. WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF OUR AUNTIE ETHEL PATTERN. THIS IS OUR FIRST SUCCESFUL VERSION THAT WE ARE OFFERING TO YOU. THIS WILL FIT EXACTLY THE SAME BUT IS NOW COMPLETELY REVERSIBLE JUST LIKE OUR HELEN.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.