This is an Antique American quilt. Made circa 1890s-1919. It is a traditional Postage Stamp Quilt pattern. This piece is exceptional for its many indigo fabrics, for its meticulous hand quilting and its hand sewing. The quilt is in excellent condition and was backed using rare homespun ginghams. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down. The quilt is a dream to wear, it is very thin, very light, very soft and has a perfect drape. This is a Lady Lancaster 10/10. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video. PLEASE NOTE this is our Petite Ethel Pattern, it is smaller than our Standard Ethel Pattern. The sleeves are shortened by approximately 2 inches and significant fabric has been taken out of the body. If you consider yourself petite or have a smaller bust this is an excellent option for you.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.