This is an antique, American quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. It is the traditional touching or reaching stars quilt pattern. The quilt has been beautifully hand quilted. This piece is exceptional because it contains many, many feedback fabrics. It is in excellent condition for its age. The quilt backing (inside of the jacket) is an ivory muslin fabric. This piece is soft, thin, and light weight. In our words we call this a 10/10. It really is jut a beautiful piece, an easy wear, and a fun piece to style.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.