This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. It is the traditional Grandmas garden quilt pattern. This piece has been both hand quilted and hand sewn, each honeycomb has been hand sewn to each other. There are at least two feedback fabrics that we have identified in this piece. We consider this quilt to be extremely thin, lightweight, with a "huggier" body and drape with great movement. The back of the jacket (inside of the jacket) is an oatmeal color flannel. This means that even thought the jacket is a bit thin and light it is a bit warm because of the texture of the flannel.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.