This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1940s-1950s. This is the traditional Grandmas Garden quilt pattern. This is both hand pieced and hand quilted, which is a labor of love and a lost art. The back of the quilt, (inside of the jacket), is a beautiful green that compliments the business side of the quilt and is a nice addition when the cuffs are rolled. This is a very light weight quilt, it is soft but it has not seen as much pre-love as many of our pieces. Therefore it does not have an absolute hug your body, super drape. In other words it holds its structure more than our other pieces that have seen more wear.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart