This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s -1920s. It is the traditional Rolling Stone or Nest and Fledgling quilt pattern. Please note this piece is an absolute museum quality collectors piece. It is very, very special! This piece was not made by a rookie. This piece is extraordinary for so many reasons, specifically the amount of indigo fabrics and the fact that it has been hand quilted and hand sewn. We consider the quilt to be thin, light weight, with a perfect drape. To use our language, this is a 10/10. Not only is it easy, beautiful, and comfortable to wear. But it is an absolute rare and original piece of art. Please note that there are a few age marks on the inside of the jacket that we could not get out when washing and we count one or two white pieces at the most to have yellowing or mild discoloration. If you want more details please direct message us and we will tell you everything we know about this piece and we would be happy to send you video footage.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart