This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1940s-1960s. It is a scrappy quilt made with scraps from the makers sewing box. The fabric used in this piece date anywhere from the early 1900s to the 1950s. There is some homespun gingham and indigo to name a few of the fabrics. This piece is a mystery to us for many reasons. Specifically, because of the presence of the blue and white fabric that we have showcased on the shawl. We have not seen this fabric before and there were strips of it throughout the back of the quilt. Which is why we wanted to highlight this unique fabric in the front of the jacket. We are not able to date the fabric. It is a total mystery but it is quite charming and adds to the nature of this piece. This is a thin quilt, medium weight, with no loft (puffiness). PLEASE NOTE THIS QUILT IS NOT HAND QUILTED. IT IS ENTIRELY PIECED AND QUILTED BY A SEWING MACHINE. The fabric on the back of this quilt (inside of the jacket) is an unrefined muslin. This piece is a quintessential exhibition of reuse, reduce, and recycle from an earlier era.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart