This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s. It is the traditional Starburst quilt pattern. This quilt is extremely rare and it is a stunning piece of American History. The fabric combinations and colors are irresistible. This beauty is hand quilted and hand pieced, which is a labor of love and a lost art. I have strong suspicion that this piece should also be considered a scrappy quilt as the fabrics seem as though they were pieced together from various leftover scraps. The quilt backing fabric (inside of the jacket) is a small scale caramel and blue gingham. In our humble opinion it is the perfect accent. Please see photos for more details. We consider this quilt to be light weight, very little loft, and thin.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart