This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s. It is the traditional Nine Patch quilt pattern. This piece has been hand quilted and hand sewn which is an absolute labor of love and a lost art. This specific quilt has very tiny pieces which means it was technically harder to make. The amount of novelty and feedsack fabrics, reminiscent of the 1930s that this piece contains is exceptional. There is some yellowing of the white background fabric throughout the jacket. We have tried our best to show this in the images but it is very subtle. Please be aware that there is a definite inequity of the white fabrics throughout this piece. We consider this quilt to be extremely light weight, thin, and very easy to wear.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart