This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1819-1920. This is the baby blocks and stars quilt pattern. This piece is hand quilted and hand sewn, meaning each individual diamond has been sewn by hand together one by one. Lady Lancaster found this quilt in rural Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. We love the combinations of dark indigo and black calico. The back of the quilt fabric is blue, black, ivory, geometric fabric that ties all the fabrics together beautifully. You can best see this contrasting fabrics on the cuffs in the listing photos. This is a summer weight quilt. There is no batting, it is extremely light weight and thin. It is also soft. There are a few triangles where the brown dye bled but nothing significant. Overall, this is in excellent condition.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart