This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1940s-1950s. It was made in the traditional Honeycomb quilt pattern. This piece is both hand quilted and hand sewn which is a labor of love and a dying art. This piece contains a few feed sack fabrics as well as some novelty fabrics from its era. We specifically love the orange and pink poppy fabric that we displayed on the shawl collar and on the cuffs. We love the contrasting pink calico fabric on the inside of this jacket and this can best be seen when you roll the cuffs or wear the jacket inside out. This is a very thin, very light weight jacket. It has not seen a lot of pre-love so it holds its structure a little bit more than some of our super drapey pieces.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.