This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s-1940s. It is the traditional Dresden Plate quilt pattern. It is beautifully hand quilted, hand sewn, and hand appliquéd. Which is an absolute labor of love and lost art. The meticulous hand quilting can best be seen in the center of each Large Dresden plate. This piece is a great fabric study from its era as it contains many novelty and juvenile fabrics. The quilt is very soft, thin, light weight with a beautiful drape. PLEASE NOTE: THIS ETHEL IS ONE OF OUR PETITE STYLE AUNT ETHELS WHICH MEANS IT HAS SHORTER SLEEVES AND LESS FABRIC IN THE BODY. THIS IS FOR OUR PETITE QUILT JACKET LOVERS.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.