This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s. This piece was made in the traditional Fan quilt pattern and is loaded with novelty fabrics from that era. This beauty was hand quilted which is a labor of love. This piece contains a few feed sack fabrics as well as some novelty fabrics from its era. Perhaps one of our favorite things about this quilt and something that is very hard to find is the contrasting backing fabric which can best be seen in the photos when we wear the cuffs or wear this jacket upside down. If you love to wear your Ethel jackets upside down this is an awesome jacket for you. The quilt is thin, light weight, with a little loft. It is also very soft.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.