This is an American, antique quilt made circa the 1890s-1920. It is the traditional Carol's Scrap Time quilt pattern. This piece is extraordinary, as it is both beautifully hand-quilted and hand-sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. One of our favorite features about this quilt is the contrast seen with the chocolate-colored calico on the back of the quilt. This can best be seen when the cuffs are rolled or when the jacket is styled upside down. If you like to wear your Ethel jackets upside down, this piece looks amazing styled that way and is a great candidate for you.
Please note: As is often the case with brown fabrics from this era, there are a few that are vulnerable and that we have reinforced with zig-zag stitching. As a result, even though this jacket is for the most part in excellent condition and very comfortable to wear, we have priced it accordingly.
- This is a lightweight, soft, quilt, with medium loft (puffiness).
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart