This is a vintage, American quilt made circa 1950s. It is the traditional Grandma's Garden quilt pattern. This beauty is hand quilted and hand sewn. Which is an extraordinary labor of love and lost art. We love the bright pops of cheddar in the center of each flower. Our favorite part about this quilt is the contrasting backing fabric that we have tried to show you in the photos and can best be seen with the cuffs rolled up or when the jacket is worn upside down. This quilt is extremely thin, it is what we consider a summer weight quilt, there is no batting, no loft, and it is perfect for spring and summer evenings.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart