This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1915. This beauty was made in the traditional Sixteen Patch quilt pattern. This piece has been both hand sewn and hand quilted, which is a labor of love and a dying art. PLEASE NOTE: While this quilt has been hand stitched. The stitches are not particularly impressive, in other words, it has a low stitch per inch ratio. If you like to wear your Ethel jackets upside down this piece will look great because of the contrasting Bordeaux colored calico on the back of the quilt (inside of the jacket.) The quilt is very soft, light weight, with little loft. PLEASE NOTE: THE SLEEVES ARE TWO INCHES SHORTER THAN OUR STANDARD ETHEL SLEEVE LENGTH. If you have long limbs or like a very wide cuff this is not a good candidate for you.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart