This is an American quilt made in the traditional Churn Dash quilt pattern. It was very hard for us to date this piece because in our opinion there is fabric representation on this piece that could span 50 years. This may be a piece that was made in more contemporary times mixing antique fabrics and contemporary reproduction fabrics. This beauty has been hand quilted and hand sewn. It is full of many hours of lovely hand craftsmanship. It is hard to find darker fabrics like this that are in good shape. We love the contrast of the rose colored leafy fabric on the inside of the jacket. This can best be seen on the cuffs in the listing photos. We consider this quilt to be extremely light weight and thin and very soft.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart