This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1920s-1940s. It is the traditional 8 Point Star quilt pattern. We could write a book on the beauty and history of this very special piece. First of all, it is masterfully hand sewn and hand quilted. It is in excellent condition for its age. It is made using muslin fabric and in our opinion the most special part about this quilt is that it seems to be made by a Great Grandmother with her 11 year old granddaughter. It is rare to stumble upon a quilt that leaves this much significance and back story. We have saved the makers signature and back story and lovingly put it on the sleeve of this jacket. This piece was lovingly made by Barbara Leiter when she was 81 years old with her granddaughter Fran Leiter who was 11 years old at the time.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart