This is an antique, American quilt made circa 1900-1920s. It is the traditional Lone Star quilt pattern. This piece has been both hand quilted and hand sewn which is a labor of love and a lost art. This piece is quintessential American folk art. Most likely made to commemorate a special historical date or occurrence. The neutral earth tone fabrics make this piece special and hard to find. There are also mens shirt scraps used in this quilt, giving it a haberdashery vibe. We consider this piece to be thin, very light weight, with a great drape.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart