This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1915-1929, possibly even earlier. It is the traditional Grandma's Garden quilt pattern. This piece is extraordinary because it is meticulously hand quilted and hand pieced, which is a labor of love and a lost art. This beauty is in excellent condition. It is thin and light weight. It has seen very little wear over the course of its lifetime. One thing to understand about this piece is that it was backed at a later date than the quilt top was sewn. We believe that the white fabric that was used to back this quilt, which is the inside of the jacket, is a lot more contemporary than the business side of the quilt.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.